Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Heart Attack Waiting to Happen

I just ate one of the most innovative lunches ever. I describe it as the heart attack waiting to happen. Muncheez present's: The Donut Burger.
Muncheez is really close to my house and until recently only thought of this establishment as regular pizza joint in Worcester. Things all changed when I saw a recent episode of the Phantom Gourmet. This episode featured Muncheez and the Donut Burger.

A sugar coated plain donut serves as the bread for the burger. Packed inside is a burger, bacon, cheese, and onion rings. Yeah you read that correctly!
The donut was warm and sweet simply spectacular. Unlike most buns the donut didn't fall apart.
The actual burger tasted good but to tell you the truth I think the bacon spoiled it for me. I know that is sacrilege as bacon always makes food taste better. I don't know if it was the contrasting salt and sugar but just thought it was better without. Perhaps if was maple flavored bacon it could have enhanced the burger. Any way one of the most interesting lunches I have ever had!

Muncheez Pizzeria
1102 Pleasant St.
Worcester, MA 01602
Phone: 508-795-6930

1 comment:

Lincoln said...

Yeas that looks great but do I need another angioplasty? I don't think so.